Graduation Party - A Celebration worth Remembering



This was easily one of the best experiences of my life.

Our academic year is ending and to bring a sense of finality to it all, all the students and a couple parents hosted a graduation ceremony at Novotel. Many of my friends have been awaiting this day for months, planning what to wear and what to do. I personally didn't hype it up too much incase I'm met with disappointment. I borrowed a well fit and stylistic suit and bought a neat new blue shirt as the dress code for the party. I've always been wanting to wear a suit since my childhood, so finally getting to dawn it was awesome. I felt like a successful businessman. (I wish)

On reaching the hotel, I was told to go upstairs and in the lift, seeing myself, and being instilled a sense of conviction was motivating for I have rarely felt that way. I reached the first floor and on exploring the place, I see all the students surrounded, posing for a picture. 

Welp, guess I was late.

I took a couple group pictures and started to roam around and meet my friends who all wore fancy clothing. They all looked great! Music played, and most of the girls started to dance. I would dance, but only if a friend with me would be willing to do so. Eventually, one did and we danced like a couple, failing at even the basics of that type of dance, and a terribly executed turn that was clearly a lot of fun.

I talked to mostly everyone and I had never felt more energetic and confident. I felt like a nomad, roaming and switching between multiple friend groups, but that was quite an exercise in and of itself. I run and jumped around. (mom don't kill me) But at one point of time, I just stopped caring. I usually dance alone as to me, it's a private activity. But this time, I danced freely, without a care in the world, filled with beaming energy that never died out. I danced by myself, I danced with others. Didn't matter what the song was, what mattered is that I felt pure joy in being able to express myself physically. I don't even dance that good, but that didn't stop me. I danced on the platform, I danced on the protrusions next to the bushes, it's like I was someone else, because I'm an introvert for the most part. This led me to question my identity, (quite a crisis) but it didn't bother me too much. I didn't let it suck the fun. 

The food was fine. Wasn't too bad. I did tell a chef I loved his food, although I didn't have it. (I hope he's not reading this) Meeting and talking to my friends was the highlight. Everyone got along well and that feeling of a shared and loving community was so rare, and it was ever present here throughout. 

Also, I played "Never gonna give you up" on the speaker, and basically Rick Rolled the whole grade.

It was a friend's idea, and I executed the plan. (you're getting credit okayyyy)

Because a girl called me a genius for the idea, but it wasn't mine. 

I ran away from the crime scene, but I was noticed...


Later, Tunak Tunak was played and everyone went wild!


I sat with my friends and had the good food. We had little moments of fun. It was nice. Even one of my readers came up to me and appreciated my Youtube channel and blogs. I felt flattered and grateful. (I hope you're reading this *wink wink*)

Everyone was great! Talked to many people I don't talk to that often, and it's like we had been friends for long. The whole area was filled with optimism, love, compassion and an infectious energy. Such experience is extremely rare in a world filled with negativity and pessimism. Such a time should be appreciated and acknowledged. 

As my friends left, reminding me of the mortal time we have with our loved ones, I hugged most of them as a final sign of goodbye. Now of course, this surely isn't the last I'm seeing them. But it really did feel like a culmination of over 5 years of friendship. Memories both good and bad. 

It's a little heartbreaking to let go of such close friendships being built over the course of so many years. But it sure is interesting to see what lies ahead. Such experiences really make you feel like your life has some value. As it came to a silent end, everyone wished it would last longer, but a thing isn't beautiful, because it lasts.

After so long, in my life, I finally got to know what it's like to be...Human.



Thank Your for Reading

I hope you liked this blog review, please make sure to comment about your thoughts on the film, or on how I could possibly improve. Also follow my YouTube Channel "Detox with P-Talks Official" where I analyse movies and do other movie related content along with short films, etc.


   

Comments

  1. ahhh yess pradyun! this is just pure art, what you do with your words. we were really having the best time of our lives and the whole party was great! you looked really good too! keep up the great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a wonderful and accurate blog!! Well, I can't relive the moment again but i felt a lot like I was, as I was reading thru your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU'RE SOOO RIGHT KING although you did make me a tear up a little at the end ngl like WHAT WAS THE REASON buttt i love this article smmm keep writing wonderfully like this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts