A Stroll Down Memory Lane



After nearly a year I visited school and it was a worthwhile visit. 

Funny thing is I had thought that it'd be somewhat a lifechanging experience. But it was that yet also not.

On walking through the football field grounds, like a film, moments where I played with my friends started to appear in a dream like state.

On walking up the stairs, I remembered walking up the stairs slowly in order to prolong reaching class.

On entering the basketball court, I remembered the chaos that ensued within it as all the students played different sports under the same roof. Balls flying everywhere, shuttlecocks getting whacked, people running to find rackets and bats before anyone else could. The period we'd all wait for.

On talking to my friends, it was as if not one day had passed. We all talked the way we would a year ago. Casually mentioning the pandemic while also talking about the school itself. 
It was interesting to see how we had changed.

Quite a few friends (boys) had grown their hair way longer than we could imagine making them unrecognizable at times. Even despite these physical changes, they were the same in the way they spoke and reacted.

I had learned not to take things for granted and so I examined each and every corner of the school remembering certain memories I share with certain friends good and bad. Smiling at the good, and laughing at the stupidity of the bad. 

As weird as it sounds, even visiting the washroom was a nostalgic trip for me as I remembered the white-blue walls and tiles, and how everyone would meet up and cheat during exams. 


This was surely an internal experience for me as I was now grateful for all the memories I shared with my friends, and had realized how many years of friendship lead to the formation of this nostalgia. 

I feel like I've changed to some extent appreciating what I have.

Because all good things eventually come to an end...


Comments

  1. Going back to the school campus after a long time due to a pandemic is a heartfelt experience for several students, and I love the way you captured your experience. Keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So accurate :) Really loved the way you described it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, pradyun! you truly create magic with your words. coming to school and seeing everyone after a year of covid was just so fulfiling. looking forward to many more days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing.... Truly captured every thought that passed my mind today!! Can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very accurate and you have written it beautifully..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts