My Thoughts on the Trailer of Season 2 of The Mandalorian

A 2 minute read on the second season of the show


Now one thing I have to make clear is that I am a huge fan of the first season of The Mandalorian. I have reviewed The Mandalorian Season 1 so make sure to check that out!


Now everyone had been waiting for this trailer for a long time because the general public perception of the first season was positive. A lone gunfighter makes his way through the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the New Republic. Mando is the loyal protector of Baby Yoda and the reason their chemistry works is because Jon Favreau explores a father-son relationship between them (which is very Terminator 2 like)



The reason this show resonated with the masses more than the recent sequels is because this show is one vision of Jon Favreau and isn't corporate crash bag solely intended on making money. The show feels like it's made with people who genuinely love Star Wars and know what it means to them. And that passion and craftsmanship bleeds seamlessly into their work on this show. The people know and recognise this and that's lovely.


I'm not going to breakdown the trailer. People better than me have done that. But as we see, the trailer talks about "the jedi" and that honestly excites me as Star Wars' rough and tough side along with the religious jedi side meet and that is an interesting idea. The story continues as Mando and crew find Baby Yoda's home and species. We see new locations and action set pieces and funny comedic beats as Baby Yoda hides inside his little crib. 



We love these characters because no matter how tough they are on the outside, there's a humanity to them and a sense of empathy which grounds them. I just hope that the second season explores more about their backstory and help them grow as people. 

Now I'm sure that the action will be great and the production will be impressive. But I trust Favreau and team as I believe they know what they're doing and I hope they take the story and characters forward.


I like that the Mandalorian is somewhat taking the dc approach by letting filmmakers make their movies with their individual creative freedom, and people are loving it! Hopefully now Lucasfilm now knows how to go ahead with their franchise and have everything planned out. 
Also, bring back George Lucas please. I want to see him direct Star Wars movies once again. I'm very sure he won't disappoint as he is a talented filmmaker.



I hope you liked this blog review, please make sure to comment about your thoughts on the film, or on how I could possibly improve. Also follow my YouTube Channel "Detox with P-Talks Official" where I analyse movies and do other movie related content along with short films, etc.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts